ES Progress Updates Engagement
In support of the Energy Storage and DER work currently underway, the AESO is providing notice to interested stakeholders to hold the date for a stakeholder engagement session on Oct. 14, 2020, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The AESO will share progress on the Energy Storage Roadmap and DER Roadmap integration activities and provide an update on interrelated initiatives. Additionally, the AESO is looking to explore options to further integrate the participation of energy storage resources (ESR) and distributed energy resources (DER) resources in the Energy and Ancillary Services markets. The joint session will be conducted in two segments: one on energy storage activities and one on DER activities. Stakeholders are welcome to attend either segment or both segments.
Date: Oct. 14, 2020
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
RSVP: Please click here to register
For instructions on how to use the Zoom video conferencing app, please click here.
The purpose of the session is to:
- Share progress updates on the activities related to the Energy Storage Roadmap and DER Roadmaps.
- Review of issues and options presented in the Energy Storage long-term markets participation discussion paper and provide an opportunity for stakeholders to ask clarifying questions prior to submitting their written stakeholder comments.
- Seek input from stakeholders on issues identified for Energy Storage long-term markets participation and options to resolve.
- Share information on DER market participation threshold and aggregation considerations.
- Seek input from stakeholders on issues identified for DER markets participation and exploration of options to resolve.
Meeting materials, including a detailed agenda, will be made available to stakeholders prior to the event. Stakeholders are asked to review the Energy Storage long-term markets participation discussion paper before the session. To view the Long-term Energy Storage Market Participation Options Paper and the Energy Storage Long-term Market Participation Options Paper Stakeholder Comment Matrix, please click here.
For Energy Storage related questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and for DER related questions, please contact email@example.com, and reference “Joint Stakeholder Engagement Session on Energy Storage and Distributed Energy Resources (DER)” in the subject line.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our stakeholder newsletter for updates.
- Date & time October 14, 2020, 08:30 AM to 12:30 PM, MST