Calgary Energy Centre Peaking Plant Connection
FortisAlberta Inc. (FortisAlberta) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) for transmission system access to reliably serve industrial load growth in the Sherwood Park area. FortisAlberta’s request can be met by the following solution:
- Build the Anthony Henday substation with two 138/25 kV transformers, two 138 kV circuit breakers, and associated equipment.
- Build one 138 kV transmission line to connect the Anthony Henday substation to the transmission system.
Notification of regulatory filing advertisement
- AESO Public Notification of NID Filing [Posted: January 4, 2017]
Needs Identification Document
Calgary Energy Centre Peaking Plant Connection NID [Posted:January 24, 2017]
Appendix A - Connection Assessment
Appendix B - TFO Capital Cost Estimates
Appendix C - AESO PIP
Appendix D - Info Re Rule 007 Sec 6.2.1 - NID 23(3)
Appendix E - AESO Transmission Planning Criteria - Basis and Assumptions
We appreciate your views, both on the need for transmission system development and proposed transmission plans. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us directly.
- Calgary Energy Centre Peaking Plant Connection - Notice of NID Filing
- Calgary Energy Centre Peaking Plant Connection – Need for Transmission System Development in the Calgary area