Central East Transfer-out Transmission Development (7001)
On August 12, 2020, the AESO filed its Needs Identification Document (NID) Application for the Central East Transfer-out (CETO) Transmission Development with the Alberta Utilities Commission.
On August 10, 2021, the AUC approved the AESO’s NID.
Please see the materials below for more information on the need for the CETO Transmission Development.
AltaLink Management Ltd. (AltaLink) and ATCO Electric Ltd. (ATCO) are the transmission facility owners (TFOs) in the area. AltaLink and ATCO are responsible for detailed siting and routing, constructing, operating and maintaining the associated transmission facilities within their service territories. The AUC approved the TFOs’ Facility Application in conjunction with the AESO’s NID approval. Please visit AltaLink’s website at www.altalink.ca and ATCO’s website at www.atcoelectric.com for further information.
- Technical session webinar recording [Posted: December 9, 2020]
- Technical session PPT presentation [Posted: December 9, 2020]
- Confirmation of AESO Regulatory Filing [Posted: August 12, 2020]
- Notification of AESO Regulatory Filing [Posted: March 2, 2020]
- 2019 Transmission Projects information session [Posted: October 4, 2019]
- 2019 Transmission Projects webinar recording [Posted: October 4, 2019]
- Central East Transfer-out Transmission Development – Project Need (Newsletter) [Posted: January 9, 2019]
Needs Identification Document
Central East Transfer-out Transmission Development Needs Identification Document [Posted: August 12, 2020]
- Appendix A – AESO Planning Report
- Attachment A
- Attachment B
- Attachment C
- Attachment D
- Attachment E
- Attachment F
- Attachment G
- Attachment H
- Appendix B – AESO Load and Generation Forecast
- Appendix C – AESO Congestion Assessment
- Appendix D – TFO Environmental and Land Use Effects
- Appendix E – AESO Cost Estimates
- Appendix F – AESO Participant Involvement Program (PIP)
- Appendix G – AESO Transmission Planning Criteria – Basis and Assumptions
- AESO NID Approved: Central East Transfer-out Development
- AESO NID Filed: Central East Transfer-out Development
- Central East Transfer-out Transmission Development