Cooking Lake 522S Substation Upgrade
FortisAlberta Inc. (FortisAlberta) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator for transmission system access to reliably serve growing demand for electricity in the Cooking Lake area. FortisAlberta’s request can be met by the following solution:
Upgrade the existing Cooking Lake 522S substation, including adding a 138/25 kV transformer, two 138 kV circuit breakers, and associated equipment.
Need for the Cooking Lake 522S Substation Upgrade south of Cooking Lake [Posted: February 10, 2016]
Notification of regulatory filing advertisement
Notification of Regulatory Filing [Posted: May 11, 2016]
Needs Identification Document
Cooking Lake 522S Substation Upgrade NID [Posted: May 27, 2016]
- Appendix A - Cooking Lake Connection Assessment
- Appendix B - Cooking Lake TFO Capital Cost Estimates
- Appendix C - Cooking Lake AESO PIP
- Appendix D - Cooking Lake Info Re Rule 007 Sec 6.2.1 - NID15(2)
- Appendix E - Cooking Lake DFO Need for Development Report
- Appendix F - Cooking Lake AESO TPC - Basis and Assumptions
We appreciate your views, both on the need for transmission system development and proposed transmission plans. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us directly.
AESO Stakeholder Relations