Dome Substation Modification
Approval of System Access Service Request
The AESO approved this request for transmission system access under our abbreviated needs approval process (ANAP). The process is outlined in section 501.3 of the ISO rules, Abbreviated Needs Approval Process.
AESO Approval Letter - Dome Substation Modification (March 16, 2016)
- Distribution Deficiency Report Distribution Feeder Capacity Constraints in the Strathcona and Parsons Industrial Neighborhoods
- Distribution Deficiency Report Technical Supplement Dome Substation D84 Feeder Addition
- TFO Capital Cost Estimates
- AESO South and West of Edmonton Area Transmission Development Planning Report; and
- AESO's summary of the Participant Involvement Program (PIP)
System Access Service Request
EPCOR Distribution & Transmission Inc. (EPCOR) has applied to the AESO for transmission system access to reliably meet the growing demand for electricity in the City of Edmonton. EPCOR’s request can be met by modifying the existing Dome substation, including adding a 15 kV current limiting reactor, and associated equipment.
For more information on the Dome Substation Modification please see EPCOR’s project webpage:
The Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) is an independent, not-for-profit organization responsible for the safe, reliable and economic planning and operation of the provincial transmission grid. EPCOR has applied to the AESO for transmission system access to reliably supply growing demand for electricity in the City of Edmonton. The AESO may approve the application for system access under the AESO's abbreviated needs approval process or file a needs identification document for approval by the Alberta Utilities Commission.
We appreciate your views, both on the need for transmission system development and proposed transmission plans. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us directly.
AESO Stakeholder Relations