Grizzly Bear Creek Wind Power Plant Connection
Enel Alberta Wind Inc. (Enel) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) for transmission system access to connect it’s approved Grizzly Bear Creek Wind Power Plant (Facility) in the Vermilion area. Enel's request can be met by the following solution
- Add one 144 kilovolt (kV) transmission line to connect the Facility to the existing 144 kV transmission line 7L65 in a T-tap configuration.
- Add or modify associated equipment as required for the above transmission developments.
Updated Need Overview: Grizzly Bear Creek Wind Power Plant Connection [Posted: July 8, 2021]
Need for Developments in the Vermilion and Vegreville Areas to Connect the Grizzly Bear Creek Wind Power Plant [Posted: December 7, 2015]
Notification of regulatory filing advertisement
Notification of Regulatory Filing [Posted: May 9, 2016]
Needs Identification Document
Grizzly Bear Creek Wind Power Plant Connection NID [Posted: May 30, 2016]
- Appendix A - Grizzly Connection Assessment
- Appendix B - Grizzly TFO Capital Cost Estimates
- Appendix C - Grizzly AESO PIP
- Appendix D - Grizzly Info Re Rule 007 Sec 6.2.2 NID23(3)
- Appendix E - Grizzly AESO TPC - Basis and Assumptions
We appreciate your views, both on the need for transmission system development and proposed transmission plans. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us directly.
AESO Stakeholder Relations
- Grizzly Bear Creek Wind Power Plant Connection