Halkirk 2 Wind Power Project Connection
Capital Power L.P. (Capital Power) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) for transmission system access to connect its proposed Halkirk 2 Wind Power Project (Facility) in the Tinchebray area in the County of Paintearth. Capital Power’s request can be met by the following solution:
- Modify the existing Tinchebray 972S substation, including adding a 240 kilovolt (kV) circuit breaker.
- Add a 240 kV transmission line to connect the Facility to the Tinchebray 972S substation.
- Add or modify associated equipment as required for the above transmission developments.
- Need for the Halkirk 2 Wind Power Project Connection in the Tinchebray area in the County of Paintearth [Posted: May 18, 2017]
Market Participant Notification
- Market Participant Notification for Planned Generating Facility Connections in the AESO’s Central Planning Region [Posted: September 11, 2017]
- Halkirk 2 Wind Power Project Connection - Market Participant Notification
- Need for the Halkirk 2 Wind Power Project Connection in the Tinchebray area in the County of Paintearth