Hughes 2030S Substation
ATCO Electric Ltd. (ATCO) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator for transmission system access to reliably supply growing demand for electricity in the city of Grande Prairie area.
ATCO’s request can be met by the following solution:
- Build the Hughes 2030S substation with one 144 kV transformer, three 144 kV circuit breakers, and associated equipment; and
- Build two 144 kV transmission lines to connect the Hughes 2030S substation to the transmission system.
Need for the Hughes 2030S Substation in the City of Grande Prairie area [Posted: December 1, 2015]
Notification of regulatory filing advertisement
Notification of Regulatory Filing [Posted: June 6, 2016]
Needs Identification Document
Hughes 2030S Substation NID [Posted: June 27, 2016]
- Appendix A - Hughes Connection Assessment
- Appendix B - Hughes TFO Capital Cost Estimates
- Appendix C - Hughes AESO PIP
- Appendix D - Hughes Info Re Rule 007 Sec 6.2.1 - NID 15(2)
- Appendix E - Hughes DFO DDR
- Appendix F - Hughes AESO TPC - Basis and Assumptions
We appreciate your views, both on the need for transmission system development and proposed transmission plans. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us directly.
AESO Stakeholder Relations