Jenner 275S Substation Modification
Approval of System Access Service Request
The AESO may approve this request for transmission system access under our abbreviated needs approval process (ANAP). The process is outlined in section 501.3 of the ISO rules, Abbreviated Needs Approval Process.
AESO Approval Letter - Jenner 275S Substation Modification (September 1, 2016)
- Need for Development Jenner 275S Upgrade, submitted by FortisAlberta;
- TFO Capital Cost Estimates, submitted by AltaLink;
- AESO's summary of the Participant Involvement Program (PIP), carried out by AltaLink and the AESO;
- Confirmation from AltaLink regarding AltaLink's assessment of Land Use and Environmental Aspects; and
- AESO's Functional Specification - Fortis Jenner 275S Upgrade.
System Access Service Request
FortisAlberta Ltd. has applied to the AESO for transmission system access to reliably serve growing demand for electricity in the Jenner area. FortisAlberta’s request can be met by modifying the existing Jenner 275S substation, including adding three 25 kV breakers and associated equipment.
For more information on the Jenner 275S Substation Modification please see AltaLink’s project webpage.
The Alberta Electric System Operation (AESO) is an independent, not-for-profit organization responsible for the safe, reliable and economic planning and operation of the provincial transmission grid. The AESO may approve the application for system access under the AESO’s abbreviated needs approval process or file an abbreviated needs identification document for approval by the Alberta Utilities Commission.
We appreciate your views, both on the need for transmission system development and proposed transmission plans. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us directly.
AESO Stakeholder Relations
- Jenner 275S Substation Modification – Approval of the Need for Transmission System Development in the Jenner area