Lac La Biche 157S Substation Upgrade
FortisAlberta Inc.(FortisAlberta) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator for transmission system access to reliably meet electricity demand in the Lac La Biche area. FortisAlberta’s request can be met by the following solution:
- Add a 138/25 kV transformer;
- Add a 138 kV circuit breaker;
- Add a 25 kV breaker; and
- Add associated equipment to the Lac La Biche 157S substation.
Approval of System Access Service Request
The AESO approved this request for transmission system access under our abbreviated needs approval process (ANAP). The process is outlined in section 501.3 of the ISO rules, Abbreviated Needs Approval Process.
AESO Approval Letter - Lac La Biche 157S Substation Upgrade (August 30, 2016)
- Need for Development Lac La Biche 167S Upgrade, submitted by FortisAlberta;
- TFO Capital Cost Estimates, submitted by AltaLink;
- AESO's summary of the Participant Involvement Program (PIP) carried out by AltaLink and the AESO;
- Confirmation from AltaLink regarding AltaLink's assessment of Land Use and Environmental Aspects; and
- AESO's Functional Specification - Fortis Lac La Biche 157S Upgrade.
Need to upgrade the Lac La Biche 157S Substation in the Lac La Biche area [Posted: May 24, 2016]
We appreciate your views, both on the need for transmission system development and proposed transmission plans. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us directly.
AESO Stakeholder Relations