McLaughlin Wind Power Plant Connection
Renewable Energy Services Ltd. (RESL) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) for transmission system access to connect its proposed McLaughlin Wind Power Plant (Facility) in the Pincher Creek area. RESL’s request can be met by the following solution:
- Add one 138 kilovolt (kV) transmission line to connect the Facility to the existing 138 kV transmission line 164L.
Add or modify associated equipment as required for the above transmission developments.
Need for the RESL McLaughlin Wind Energy Connection in the Pincher Creek Area [Posted: June 2, 2015]
Notification of regulatory filing advertisement
Notification of Regulatory Filing [Posted: November 25, 2015]
Needs Identification Document
McLaughlin Wind Energy Connection NID [Posted: December 14, 2015]
- Appendix A - McLaughlin Connection Assessment
- Appendix B - McLaughlin TFO Capital Cost Estimates
- Appendix C - McLaughlin AESO PIP
- Appendix D - McLaughlin Info Re Rule 007 Section 6.1 - NID13
- Appendix E - McLaughlin Transmission Planning Criteria - Basis and Assumptions
Update - Need for the McLaughlin Wind Power Plant Connection in the Pincher Creek Area
Need for the McLaughlin Wind Power Plant Connection in Pincher Creek Area [Posted: November 27, 2018]
We appreciate your views, both on the need for transmission system development and proposed transmission plans. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us directly.
AESO Stakeholder Relations
- Update - Need for the McLaughlin Wind Power Plant Connection in the Pincher Creek Area