Muir 2018S Substation
ATCO Electric Ltd. (ATCO) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) for transmission system access to serve new demand for electricity in the Town of Fox Creek area. ATCO’s request can be met by the following solution:
- Add a substation (Muir 2018S) with a 144/25 kilovolt (kV) transformer and a 144 kV circuit breaker.
- Add a 144 kV transmission line to connect the Muir 2018S substation to the existing 144 kV transmission line 7L90.
- Modify the existing Fox Creek 741S substation, including adding a 144 kV capacitor bank and a 144 kV circuit breaker.
- Add or modify associated equipment as required for the above transmission developments.
Need for the Muir 2018S Substation in the Town of Fox Creek Area [Posted: December 15, 2016]
Notification of regulatory filing advertisement
Public Notification of NID Filing Update [Posted: April 18, 2017]
Public Notification of NID Filing [Posted: March 16, 2017]
Needs Identification Document
Muir 2018S Substation NID [Posted May 18, 2017]
Appendix A - Connection Assessment
Appendix B - TFO Capital Cost Estimates
Appendix C - AESO Participant Involvement Program (PIP)
Appendix D - Info Re Rule 007 Sec 6.2.1 - NID 15(2)
Appendix E - DFO Distribution Deficiency Report
Appendix F - Transmission Planning Criteria - Basis and Assumptions
- Muir 2018S Substation Needs Identification Document
- Muir 2018S Substation - Notice of NID Filing Update
- Muir 2018S Substation - Notice of NID Filing
- Need for the Muir 2018S Substation in the Town of Fox Creek Area