North Lethbridge 370S Substation Upgrade
FortisAlberta Inc.(FortisAlberta) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) for transmission system access to improve the reliability of the electricity services in the City of Lethbridge area. FortisAlberta’s request can be met by the following solution:
- Modify the existing North Lethbridge 370S substation, including adding one 138 kilovolt (kV) circuit breaker.
- Add or modify associated equipment as required for the above transmission developments.
- Need for the North Lethbridge 370S Substation Upgrade [Posted: June 11,2020]
Notice of intent to consider for approval under the AESO's Abbreviated Needs Approval Process
The AESO intends to consider the need for the North Lethbridge 370S Substation Upgrade for approval under Section 501.3 of the ISO rules Abbreviated Needs Approval Process (ANAP Rule) on or after November 2, 2020. The AESO may consequently approve the need for the North Lethbridge 370S Substation Upgrade under the ANAP Rule, or if the AESO does not approve the need, may submit a needs identification document (NID) application to the Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC).
Notice of Intention to Consider the Need for the North Lethbridge 370S Substation Upgrade for Approval under the AESO’s Abbreviated Needs Approval Process [Posted October 1, 2020]
- DFO Need for Development
- Engineering Connection Assessment
- TFO Capital Cost Estimate
- AESO PIP Summary
- TFO Environmental and Land Use Effects Letter
- AESO Functional Specification
- TFO and DFO Responses to AESO Information Requests
ANAP Approval Letter
North Lethbridge 370S Substation Upgrade ANAP Approval Letter [Posted: November 3, 2020]
- ANAP Approval: North Lethbridge 370S Substation Upgrade
- Notice of Intent to Consider ANAP: North Lethbridge 370S Substation Upgrade
- Need Overview: North Lethbridge 370S Substation Upgrade