SS-36 Substation Upgrade
Enmax Power Corp (Enmax) has applied to the AESO for transmission system access to improve the reliability of the electricity services in Northwest Calgary. Enmax ‘s request can be met by the following solution:
- Upgrade the existing SS-36 substation, including replacing the 138/69 kilovolt (kV) transformer with one of higher capacity.
- Add or modify associated equipment as required for the above transmission developments.
Need for the SS-36 Substation Upgrade in the City of Calgary [Posted: May 10, 2018]
Approval of System Access Service Request
The AESO approved this request for transmission system access under our abbreviated needs approval process (ANAP). The process is outlined in section 501.3 of the ISO rules, Abbreviated Needs Approval Process.
AESO Approval Letter -ENMAX SS-36 Substation Upgrade (July 20, 2018)
- Statement of Need North 69 kV Subsystem Reliability Project, prepared by EPC;
- AESO Connection Assessment Engineering Connection Assessment ENMAX Power Corporation North 69 kV Subsystem Reliability Project, prepared by the AESO;
- TFO Cost Summary Sheets, prepared by EPC;
- Summary of the PIP carried out by EPC and the AESO, prepared by the AESO;
- Confirmation by EPC of its assessment of land use and environmental effects, prepared by EPC; and
- AESO Functional Specification — ENMAX North 69 kV Reliability Functional Specification, prepared by the AESO.
- AESO ANAP Approval - SS-36 Substation Upgrade
- Need for the SS-36 Substation Upgrade in the City of Calgary