SS-7 Substation Upgrade
ENMAX Power Corporation (ENMAX) has applied to the AESO for transmission system access to reliably serve growing demand for electricity in the Calgary area. ENMAX’s request can be met by the following solution:
- Upgrade the existing SS-7 substation, including replacing two 138/25 kV transformers and adding a 138 kV circuit breaker.
- Add or modify associated equipment as required for the above transmission developments.
Need for the SS-7 Substation Upgrade in the City of Calgary [Posted: May 18, 2017]
Approval of System Access Service Request
The AESO may approve this request for transmission system access under our abbreviated needs approval process (ANAP). The process is outlined in section 501.3 of the ISO rules, Abbreviated Needs Approval Process.
AESO Approval Letter -ENMAX SS-7 Substation 13825kV Transformer Upgrade (October 10, 2017)
- Statement of Need No. 7 Substation 138/25 kV Transformer Upgrade, submitted by EPC;
- AESO Connection Engineering Study Report for AUC Application SS-7 Substation Upgrade, prepared by the AESO
- Project Cost Estimate, submitted by EPC;
- A summary of the PIP carried out by EPC and the AESO, prepared by the AESO;
- Confirmation of EPC’s assessment of land use and environmental aspects, submitted by EPC; and
- AESO Functional Specification — ENMAX No. 7 Substation 138/25 kV Transformer Upgrade Functional Specification, prepared by the AESO.
We appreciate your views, both on the need for transmission system development and proposed transmission plans. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us directly.
- SS-7 Substation Upgrade - Approval of the Need for Transmission Development in the Calgary area
- Need for the SS-7 Substation Upgrade in the City of Calgary