Summerside Substation Upgrade
EPCOR Distribution & Transmission Inc. (EPCOR) has applied to the AESO for transmission system access to reliably serve growing demand for electricity in the City of Edmonton area. EPCOR's request can be met by the following solution:
- Upgrade the existing Summerside substation, including adding one 240/25 kilovolt (kV) transformer and one 240 kV circuit breaker.
Add or modify associated equipment as required for the above transmission developments.
Need for the Summerside Substation Upgrade in the City of Edmonton area [Posted Aug. 25, 2020]
Notice of intent to consider for approval under the AESO's Abbreviated Needs Approval Process
The AESO intends to consider the need for the Sumerside Substation Upgrade Upgrade for approval under Section 501.3 of the ISO rules Abbreviated Needs Approval Process (ANAP Rule) on or after January 10, 2021. The AESO may consequently approve the need for the Summerside Substation Upgrade under the ANAP Rule, or if the AESO does not approve the need, may submit a needs identification document (NID) application to the Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC).
Notice of Intention to Consider the Need for the Summerside Substation Upgrade for Approval under the AESO’s Abbreviated Needs Approval Process [Posted December 10, 2020]
- DFO Need for Development
- Engineering Connection Assessment
- TFO Capital Cost Estimate
- AESO PIP Summary
- TFO Environmental and Land Use Effects Letter
- AESO Functional Specification
- TFO and DFO Responses to AESO Information Requests
ANAP Approval Letter
Summerside Substation Upgrade ANAP Approval Letter [Posted January 14, 2020]
- ANAP Approval: Summerside Substation Upgrade
- Notice of Intention to Consider ANAP: Summerside Substation Upgrade
- Need Overview: Summerside Substation Upgrade