Suncor Base Plant Cogeneration Facility Connection
Suncor Energy Inc.(Suncor) has applied to the AESO for transmission system access to connect its approved Suncor Base Plant Cogeneration Facility(Facility) in the Fort McMurray area. Suncor’s request can be met by the following solution:
- Add two 240 kilovolt (kV) circuits to connect the existing Voyageur 29EDD-94 substation to the existing Thickwood Hills 951S substation.
- Add one 240 kV circuit to connect the existing Millennium 29EDD-1 substation and Ruth Lake 848S substation.
- Modify the existing Ruth Lake 848S substation, including adding one 240 kV circuit breaker.
- Modify the existing Thickwood Hills 951S substation, including adding three 240 kV circuit breakers.
Add or modify associated equipment as required for the above transmission developments.
Need for the Suncor Base Plant Cogeneration Facility Connection in the Fort McMurray area [Posted: August 20, 2019]
- Need Overview: Suncor Base Plant Cogeneration Facility Connection