Thornton 2091S Substation
ATCO Electric Ltd. (ATCO) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator for transmission system access to supply new demand for electricity in the Grande Prairie area. ATCO’s request can be met by adding a new substation, to be called Thornton 2091S, which includes a 144 kV transformer, two 144 kV breakers, and associated equipment, and by adding two new 144 kV transmission lines, each approximately 2km, to connect the new substation to the existing 144 kV transmission line 7L20.
Need for the Thornton 2091S Substation in the Grande Prairie area [Posted: July 30, 2015]
Notification of regulatory filing advertisement
Notification of Regulatory Filing [Posted: September 14, 2015]
Needs Identification Document
Thornton 2091S Substation Needs Identification Document [Posted: October 19, 2015]
- Appendix A - Connection Assessment
- Appendix B - TFO Capital Cost Estimates
- Appendix C - AESO PIP Thornton
- Appendix D - Info Re Rule 007 Section 6.1 NID13
- Appendix E - DFO Need for Development Report
- Appendix F - AESO Tx Planning Criteria
- Appendix G - Northwest Region Forecast Appendix
We appreciate your views, both on the need for transmission system development and proposed transmission plans. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us directly.
AESO Stakeholder Relations