Wainwright 51S Substation Connection Enhancement
FortisAlberta Inc. (FortisAlberta) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator for transmission system access to improve the reliability of the power system in the Wainwright area.
FortisAlberta’s request can be met by the following solution:
- Building approximately 30 kilometres of 138 kV transmission line; and
- Adding two 138 kV breakers and other associated equipment to the existing Wainwright 51S substation.
Need for Transmission Reinforcement in the Wainwright Area [Posted: November 25, 2015]
Notification of regulatory filing advertisement
Notification of Regulatory Filing [Posted: July 12, 2016]
Needs Identification Document
Wainwright 51S Substation Connection Enhancement NID [Posted: July 27, 2016]
- Appendix A - Wainwright Connection Assessment
- Appendix B - Wainwright TFO Capital Cost Estimates
- Appendix C - Wainwright AESO PIP
- Appendix D - Wainwright Info Re Rule 007 Sec 6.2.1 - NID15(2)
- Appendix E - Wainwright DFO Need for Development
- Appendix F - Wainwright AESO TPC-Basis and Assumptions
We appreciate your views, both on the need for transmission system development and proposed transmission plans. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us directly.
AESO Stakeholder Relations