Ancillary Services procurement
Ancillary services are essential for providing Albertans with safe, secure and reliable electricity. These services include Operating Reserve, Transmission Must-Run, Black Start services, and Load Shed Services for imports.
We are committed to using a fair and transparent competitive procurement process for ancillary services whenever possible.
Load Shed Services for imports
The submission deadline has passed for the Load Shed Services for imports (LSSi) Request for Proposals (RFP) and the competition is now closed.
LSSi procurement resources
- Request for Expression of Interest Document
LSSi Frequently Asked Questions, updated May 24, 2018
- LSSi information session presentation dated May 8, 2018
- LSSi information session webinar recording dated May 8, 2018
The Request for Proposals for Black Start Services in Northeast Alberta is now closed.
Black Start procurement resources
- Request for Expressions of Interest (REOI) for Black Start Services in Northeast Alberta
- Black Start Services in Northeast Alberta RFP information session presentation (January 29, 2018)
- Q&A for Black Start Procurement in Northeast Alberta (February 6, 2018)