Consumer Interest Advisory Council
The Consumer Interest Advisory Council (CIAC) provides strategic advice to the AESO’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) on key matters related to Alberta’s transition to a capacity market, including technical design. Members are selected by the AESO’s CEO and represent a cross section of Alberta consumers. The CIAC has no direct decision making authority.
The CIAC meeting in August was cancelled due to vacation schedules. September and October meetings were cancelled due the AESO’s consultation on capacity market rules and the AUC’s related regulatory proceeding. CIAC meetings may resume later this fall as the AESO’s consultation on cost allocation matures and discussions about the implementation of market roadmap items in the future get underway.
- Agenda and meeting summary - July 26, 2018
- CMD Final Overview and Upcoming Stakeholder Engagement
- Design Evolution Summary
- Relative Impact on Capacity Market
- Agenda and meeting summary - June 20, 2018
- CIAC/IEAC Governance and Technical Demand Curve Parameters
- Agenda and meeting summary - May 10
- CMD 2 cover letter
- CMD 2 exec summary (section 1)
- Changes from CMD1 to CMD 2
- Agenda and meeting summary
- Market Transition Principles and Desired Outcomes
- Economics & Markets: Capacity Markets