Energy Storage Roadmap
The Energy Storage Roadmap sets out our plan to facilitate the integration of energy storage technologies into AESO Authoritative Documents and grid & market systems. This will improve the clarity required for market qualification and participation, and enable efficient, effective connection, monitoring and control of energy storage facilities when connected.
We built the Energy Storage Roadmap content on a strong foundation of pre-existing work we began in 2012 with insights from a range of stakeholders including storage proponents, and owners of generating facilities, transmission facilities and electric distribution systems.
We value stakeholder input and we thank you for sharing your perspectives with us. We will consider this stakeholder input in further development and implementation of the Energy Storage Roadmap. A summary of all input received is available here. We also developed responses to the questions that accompanied the feedback on the Energy Storage Roadmap and those questions and answers (Q&As) are available here.
We are working on the development of a 2020 plan for the proposed Energy Storage Roadmap integration activities in close coordination with other initiatives including the Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Roadmap, Transmission and Distribution Coordinated Planning Framework, AESO Technology Strategic Execution Initiative, the market-related initiatives and tariff design.
- Energy Storage Roadmap Q&As [Posted Jan. 24, 2020]
- Energy Storage Roadmap: Update to Stakeholders [Posted Nov. 18, 2019]
- Energy Storage Roadmap [Posted: Aug. 7, 2019]
- Energy Storage Roadmap & Flexibility Roadmap Information Session Presentation [Posted: Aug. 7, 2019]
- Energy Storage Roadmap & Flexibility Roadmap Information Session Recording [Posted: Aug. 7, 2019]
- Stakeholder Comment Matrix [Posted: Aug. 7, 2019]
If you have any questions on this initiative, please contact email@example.com