Letter of notice for stakeholder input on market power mitigation
On July 25, 2019 the Government of Alberta tasked the AESO to provide advice to the government regarding market power and market power mitigation by Nov. 29, 2019.
We value stakeholder input on these topics and we thank you for sharing your perspectives with us. We reviewed and considered this stakeholder input in developing our advice to the Minister of Energy.
We submitted our market power and market power mitigation advice to the Minister on Nov. 29, 2019.
A summary of all input received is available here. Stakeholders were supportive of publishing comments received, in their original state, and you will find those individual stakeholder comments below.
Stakeholder Comments on Request for Input on Market Power Mitigation
Stakeholders were supportive of publishing stakeholder comments received, in their original state with personal or commercially sensitive information redacted. [Posted: Nov. 5, 2019]
- Alberta Direct Connect Consumer Association (ADC)
- Canadian Wind Energy Association (CanWEA)
- Capital Power
- Cogeneration Working Group (CWG)
- EDF Renewables Development Inc. (EDF)
- Greengate Power Corporation
- Heartland Generation Ltd.
- Independent Power Producers Society of Alberta (IPPSA)
- Industrial Power Consumers Association of Alberta (IPCAA)
- Market Surveillance Administrator (MSA)
- Maxim Power Corporation
- Signalta Resources Limited
- Suncor Energy Inc.
- TransAlta Corporation
- TransCanada Energy Ltd. (TCE)
- URICA Energy
- VIDYA Knowledge Systems Corporation
- Stakeholder Comments Summary [Posted Nov. 5, 2019]
- IPPSA letter [Posted Oct. 25, 2019]
- Stakeholder invitation letter [Posted Oct. 8, 2019]
- Stakeholder comment matrix [Posted Oct. 8, 2019]