Application filed and approved
The Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC) issued Decision 27200-D01-2022 on Apr. 7, 2022 approving proposed amended Section 103.5 effective May 7, 2022.
An application for approval of proposed amended Section 103.5 was submitted on Feb. 28, 2022 to the AUC. For information regarding the application, or on the status of the proceeding, you may visit the AUC’s eFiling site and go to proceeding #27200.
Further to the Letter of Notice, the AESO has reviewed Section 103.5 and determined that there is an opportunity to improve stability with respect to the energy market and reduce the risk of defaults by requiring the delivery of financial security and the AESO’s satisfaction that no adverse effects will occur before a pool participant may cancel a net settlement instruction.
The AESO has performed a review of Section 103.5 and is proposing amendments that will improve stability with respect to the energy market and reduce the risk of defaults. In addition, the AESO is proposing other administrative amendments that will correct typographical errors, update current drafting style to align with the AESO’s drafting principles, and clarify the language of the ISO rule without changing its effect.
Notice for Development | Oct. 12, 2021
Letter of Notice for Draft Proposed Amended Section 103.5 of the ISO Rules, Net Settlement Instruction ("Section 103.5")
Stakeholder comments and responses
Thank you to all Stakeholders who participated in this ISO rules comment process. All written comments received will be considered in the AESO’s finalization of the proposed amended Section 103.5. All comments and responses to those comments are available in the materials below.
On Jan. 6, 2022, the AESO received additional comments from Capital Power. In particular, Capital Power had requested additional information regarding how the AESO selected the notice period of 15 business days for the cancellation of net settlement instructions in subsection 4(1)(a)(ii) of Section 103.5. On Jan. 24, 2022, the AESO provided responses to these comments.
Notice for development materials
- Capital Power Jan. 6, 2022 Letter [Posted Jan. 24, 2022]
- AESO Response to Capital Power [Posted: Jan. 24, 2022]
- Clean | Proposed Amended Section 103.5 [Posted: Dec. 21, 2021]
- Blackline | Proposed Amended Section 103.5 [Posted: Dec. 21, 2021]
- AESO Responses to Stakeholder Comments [Posted: Dec. 21, 2021]
- Stakeholder Comments [Posted: Nov. 3, 2021]
- Comment Matrix [Posted: Oct. 12, 2021]
- Clean | Draft Proposed Amended Section 103.5 [Posted: Oct. 12, 2021]
- Blackline | Draft Proposed Amended Section 103.5 [Posted: Oct. 12, 2021]
- Letter of Notice [Posted: Oct. 12, 2021]