AMP Implementation & Section 502.10
In the Letter of Notice for Development the AESO states it is initiating this consultation to ensure that the implementation plan and the adjusted metering practice (AMP) revisions to Section 502.10 are considered in a coordinated manner.
In Decision 26215-D01-2021, the Commission directed the AESO to “file an application in respect of a proposed adjusted metering practice implementation plan on or before January 1, 2022, jointly with the further amendments to ISO Rule 502.10". The AESO has developed an implementation plan to operationalize the adjusted metering practice and has revised Section 502.10 to include requirements in order to fully operationalize the AMP. These revisions to Section 502.10 include:
- to ensure that the design and operation of revenue metering, as documented in a functional specification, must allow for appropriate settlement per the ISO tariff; and
- regarding the installation of revenue metering at the feeder level at new DFO-contracted substations and at DFO-contracted substations that undergo specific types of work.
The implementation of the adjusted metering practice has cost implications for substations that require the installation of new revenue meters. The AESO has developed it’s recommendations for how the cost of new revenue meters should be treated that is included in the attached, related materials. In addition to the implementation plan and the amendments to Section 502.10, the AESO is also using this opportunity to seek input from stakeholders on cost treatment.
Notice for Development | Oct. 14, 2021
Letter of Notice for Development of the following:
- Proposed Adjusted Metering Practice (AMP) Implementation; and
- Proposed Amendments to Section 502.10 of the ISO rules, Revenue Metering System Technical and Operating Requirements (“Section 502.10”)
Thank you to all Stakeholders who participated in this ISO rules comment process. All written comments will be considered in the AESO's finalization of the Proposed AMP Implementation and Proposed Amendments to Section 502.10 and responses to those comments will be posted on the AESO website. All written comments received can be found in the materials section below.
Notice for Development materials
- Stakeholder Comments [Posted: Nov. 5, 2021]
- Comment Matrix [Posted: Oct. 14, 2021]
- Clean Draft Proposed Amended Section 502.10 [Posted: Oct. 14, 2021]
- Blackline Draft Proposed Amended Section 502.10 [Posted: Oct. 14, 2021]
- AMP Implementation Plan [Posted: Oct. 14, 2021]
- AMP Implementation Background Information [Posted: Oct. 14, 2021]
- Letter of Notice for Development [Posted: Oct. 14, 2021]
Responses to Stakeholder Comments | Nov. 30, 2021
Responses to Stakeholder Comments of the following:
- Proposed Adjusted Metering Practice Implementation Plan; and
- Proposed Amendments to Section 502.10 of the ISO rules, Revenue Metering System Technical and Operating Requirements (“Section 502.10”) [Posted: November 30, 2021]
In accordance with Alberta Utilities Commission (“Commission”) Rule 017, Procedures and Process for Development of ISO Rules and Filing of ISO Rules with the Alberta Utilities Commission, the AESO is providing replies to Stakeholder comments. The AESO’s responses to comments, including the AESO’s rationale or basis for its position, and an explanation for why certain positions were rejected or accepted, are set out in the Stakeholder Comment and AESO Response Matrix.
- Stakeholder Comments and AESO Response Matrix on the adjusted metering practice implementation plan and proposed amended Section 502.10; and
- Blackline and clean copies of the proposed amended Section 502.10.