Eureka River 861S Substation Upgrade
ATCO Electric Ltd. (ATCO) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator for transmission system access to reliably serve growing demand for electricity in the Worsley area. ATCO’s request can be met by the following solution:
- Add a 72/25 kV transformer;
- Add a 72 kV capacitor bank;
- Add a 72 kV breaker; and
- Add associated equipment to the Eureka River 861S substation.
The AESO may approve this request for transmission system access under our abbreviated needs approval process (ANAP). The process is outlined in section 501.3 of the ISO rules, Abbreviated Needs Approval Process.
Need to upgrade the Eureka River 861S Substation in the Worsley area [Posted: May 11, 2016]
Notification of regulatory filing advertisement
The Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) advises you that it intends to file a Needs Identification Document (NID) for the Eureka River 861S substation upgrade with the Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC) on or after October 28, 2016.
AESO notification of regulatory filing [Posted: October 12, 2016]
Needs Identification Document
Eureka River 861S Substation Upgrade NID [Posted:October 28, 2016]
- Appendix A - Connection Assessment
- Appendix B - TFO Capital Cost Estimates
- Appendix C - AESO PIP
- Appendix D - Info Re Rule 007 Sec 6.2.1 - NID 15(2)
- Appendix E - DFO Distribution Deficiency Report
- Appendix F - AESO Transmission Planning Criteria - Basis and Assumptions
We appreciate your views, both on the need for transmission system development and proposed transmission plans. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us directly.
AESO Stakeholder Relations