Simonette 733S Substation Upgrade
ATCO Electric (ATCO) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) for transmission system access to supply new industrial demand for electricity in the Fox Creek area. ATCO’s request can be met by upgrading the existing Simonette 733S substation, including replacing the existing 144/25 kV transformer with one of higher capacity, and adding a 144 kV breaker and associated equipment.
Need for the Simonette 733S Substation Upgrade in the Fox Creek area [Posted: June 17, 2015]
Notification of regulatory filing advertisement
Notification of Regulatory Filing [Posted: November 17, 2015]
Needs Identification Document
Simonette 733S Substation Upgrade NID [Posted: December 3, 2015]
- Appendix A - Simonette Connection Assessment
- Appendix B - Simonette TFO Capital Cost Estimates
- Appendix C - Simonette AESO PIP
- Appendix D - Simonette Information Regarding Rule 007
- Appendix E - Simonette DFO DDR
- Appendix F - Simonete AESO TPC - Basis and Assumptions
- Appendix G - Simonette AESO NW Region Forecast Appendix
We appreciate your views, both on the need for transmission system development and proposed transmission plans. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us directly.
AESO Stakeholder Relations