Victoria Substation Modification
EPCOR Distribution & Transmission Inc. (EPCOR) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator for transmission system access to reliably serve new demand for electricity in the city Of Edmonton. EPCOR’s request can be met by the following solution:
- Modify the Victoria substation, including adding two 15 kilovolt circuit breakers and associated equipment.
Need for the Victoria Station Modification in the City of Edmonton [Posted: September 14, 2016]
Approval of System Access Service Request
The AESO approved this request for transmission system access under our abbreviated needs approval process (ANAP). The process is outlined in section 501.3 of the ISO rules, Abbreviated Needs Approval Process.
AESO Approval Letter - Victoria Substation Modification (December 1, 2016)
- DFO Distribution Deficiency Report – Distribution Deficiency Report (DDR) Victoria Substation (E511S) Breaker Additions, submitted by EDTI;
- AESO Transmission Connection Alternatives Comparison, prepared by the AESO;
- Connection Assessment – Connection Engineering Study Report for AUC Application, EPCOR Victoria Substation E511S Breaker Addition, prepared by the AESO;
- TFO Project Cost Estimate Summary Sheet, submitted by EDTI;
- The AESO’s summary of the PIP carried out by EDTI and the AESO;
- Confirmation from EDTI regarding EDTI’s assessment of Environmental and Land Use Aspects; and
- The AESO’s Functional Specification – EPCOR Victoria Substation E511S Breaker Addition, Functional Specification (Project Number 1711).
We appreciate your views, both on the need for transmission system development and proposed transmission plans. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us directly.