EPCOR Distribution & Transmission Inc. (EPCOR) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) for transmission system access to reliably serve new demand for electricity in the City of Edmonton. EPCOR’s request can be met by the following solution:
- Add a new substation, to be called the Riverview substation, with two 240/25 kilovolt (kV) transformers, four 240 kV circuit breakers, and associated equipment.
- Add two 240 kV transmission lines to connect the proposed Riverview substation to the existing 240 kV transmission line 1043L.
- Add associated equipment as required to facilitate the proposed transmission development.
Need for the Riverview Substation in the city of Edmonton [Posted: November 23, 2016]
Notification of regulatory filing advertisement
Notification of Regulatory Filing [Posted: February 8, 2017]
- Riverview Substation – Notice of NID Filing
- Need for the Riverview Substation in the City of Edmonton