EPCOR Distribution & Transmission Inc. (EPCOR) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) for transmission system access to reliably serve growing demand for electricity in the City of Edmonton. EPCOR’s request can be met by the following solution:
- Add a new substation, to be called the Riverview substation, with two 240/25 kilovolt (kV) transformers, four 240 kV circuit breakers, and associated equipment.
- Add two 240 kV transmission lines to connect the proposed Riverview substation to the existing 240 kV transmission line 1043L.
- Add associated equipment as required to facilitate the proposed transmission development.
Update - Need for the Riverview Substation in the City of Edmonton [Posted: September 8, 2017]
Need for the Riverview Substation in the city of Edmonton [Posted: November 23, 2016]
Notification of regulatory filing advertisement
Notification of Regulatory Filing [Posted: February 8, 2017]
Need Identification Document
Riverview Substation Upgrade Need Identification Document [Posted: November 22, 2017]
Appendix A - Connection Assessment
Appendix B - TFO Capital Cost Estimates
Appendix C - AESO Participant Involvement Program
Appendix D - Commission Rule 007, Section 6.2.1 NID15(2)
Appendix E - DFO Distribution Deficiency Report and Supplement
Appendix F - AESO Transmission Planning Criteria - Basis and Assumptions
We appreciate your views, both on the need for transmission system development and proposed transmission plans. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us directly.
AESO Stakeholder Relations
- Riverview Substation – Updated Notice of NID Filing
- Update - Need for the Riverview Substation in the City of Edmonton
- Riverview Substation – Notice of NID Filing
- Need for the Riverview Substation in the City of Edmonton