If you are interested in learning about Alberta’s electricity industry, we offer many resources, including self-paced and live courses. Register with our online learning portal below to browse resources about the AESO and the electricity industry, and to submit topic requests for future courses.
Our catalogue currently includes the following eLearning courses:
- Electricity basics
- Introduction to Alberta’s transmission grid
- The AESO’s role in the electricity industry
- Alberta’s energy market structure
- Operating Alberta’s energy market
- Ancillary Services and the Operating Reserve market
- Authoritative Documents and External Compliance Monitoring
- Joining the energy market
- Participating in the energy market – for generators
- ISO tariff billing
- Deferral Account Reconciliation
Please check back regularly as new learning content will be posted when available.
You can also enroll in our Meet the Experts sessions through the learning portal. These sessions will be offered either as virtual or in-person.
How to Register
Gaining access to our learning portal is easy!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Company (optional)
Within 1-5 business days, you will receive a confirmation email reply including your username and password and further instructions to access our learning platform.
Already registered? Login here.
This personal information is being collected for the purpose of developing, providing access to and administering eLearning courses provided by the AESO, and in accordance with Section 33(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact the Director, Information & Governance Services, 2500, 330 – 5th Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2P 0L4 or by telephone at 403-539-2528