System Flexibility Assessment
System flexibility refers to the ability of the electric system to adapt to dynamic and changing conditions. It includes scheduling and dispatching assets to balance supply and demand by the hour or minute, and operating reliably following a system disturbance.
The AESO publishes periodic assessments of forecast system flexibility requirements, primarily addressing the impact of increasing renewable resource generation capacity on the Alberta electric system.
Flexibility assessments are shared with stakeholders to provide visibility to the impacts of changes occurring on the electric system and to enable their effective participation in the AESO’s stakeholder engagement processes.
Download our System Flexibility Assessment and access the data through in an interactive dashboard on the Power BI Public website.
2022 System Flexibility Assessment
- 2022 System Flexibility Assessment [Posted: June 9, 2022]
- 2022 System Flexibility Assessment Data (Excel workbook, 6 MB) [Updated: June 13, 2022]
- 2022 System Flexibility Assessment Report Dashboard (on Power BI Public website)
2020 System Flexibility Assessment
- 2020 System Flexibility Assessment Report [Posted: July 21, 2020]
- 2020 system flexibility assessment report data (Excel workbook, 4 MB) [Updated: July 23, 2020]
- 2020 system flexibility assessment report dashboard (on Tableau Public website)