ISO Rule Proposals
Section 20.81 of the Electric Utilities Act requires the AESO to establish a process for market participants and interested parties to propose rules and changes to ISO rules, including amendments and removals, for the AESO’s consideration.
The process is as follows:
- A proponent completes and submits the ISO Rule Proposal form to propose a new ISO rule, an amendment to an existing ISO rule or the removal of an existing ISO rule.
- The AESO publishes the ISO Rule Proposal form and any related information on AESO.CA.
- The AESO considers each ISO rule proposal and may request additional information from a proponent.
- The AESO makes a determination as to whether the ISO rule proposal requires the development of a proposed ISO rule.
- The AESO notifies the proponent of its determination and publishes its determination on AESO.CA.
If the AESO determines that an ISO rule proposal requires the development of a proposed ISO rule, then the AESO develops the proposed ISO rule in accordance with Alberta Utilities Commission Rule 017, Procedures and Process for Development of ISO Rules and Filing of ISO Rules. For information about ISO rules under development, visit Rules, Standards and Tariff > Stakeholder Engagement on www.aeso.ca.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit a Proposal
To propose a new ISO rule, an amendment to an existing ISO rule, or the removal of an existing ISO rule, complete the ISO Rule Proposal Form.
Please review ID #2019-001 ISO Rule Proposals before submitting an ISO Rule Proposal.
Find a Proposal
Following submission to the AESO, ISO rule proposals and related information, including AESO determinations are published here.
- Oct. 9, 2018
- Proposal to amend Section 203.3 of the ISO rules, Energy Restatements and Section 203.6, Available Transfer Capability and Transfer Path Management
- Morgan Stanley Capital Group Inc. (“MSCG”)
- Proposal Type: