ISO Rule Proposals
Section 20.81 of the Electric Utilities Act requires the AESO to establish a process for market participants and interested parties to propose ISO rules for the AESO’s consideration.
The AESO considers ISO rule proposals as follows:
- A proponent completes and submits the ISO Rule Proposal form to propose a new ISO rule, an amendment to an existing ISO rule or the removal of an existing ISO rule.
- The AESO publishes the ISO Rule Proposal form and any related information on AESO.CA.
- The AESO considers each ISO rule proposal and may request additional information from a proponent.
- The AESO makes a determination as to whether the ISO rule proposal requires the development of a proposed ISO rule.
- The AESO notifies the proponent of its determination and publishes its determination on AESO.CA.
If the AESO determines that an ISO rule proposal requires the development of a proposed ISO rule, then the AESO develops the proposed ISO rule in accordance with Alberta Utilities Commission Rule 017, Procedures and Process for Development of ISO Rules and Filing of ISO Rules with the Alberta Utilities Commission. For information about ISO rules under development, visit Rules, Standards and Tariff > Stakeholder Engagement on AESO.CA.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.