Homestead Solar Project Connection (2445)
Kiwetinohk Energy Corp. (Kiwetinohk) has applied to the AESO for transmission system access to connect its approved Homestead Solar Project (Facility) in the Claresholm area. Kiwetinohk’s request can be met by the following solution:
- Add one 240 kilovolt (kV) transmission line to connect the Facility to the existing 240 kV transmission line 1037L in a T-tap configuration.
- Add or modify associated equipment as required for the above transmission developments
Abbreviated Needs Approval Process: Approval
The AESO approved the Homestead Solar Project Connection under Section 501.3 of the ISO rules, Abbreviated Needs Approval Process.
- Homestead Solar Project Connection ANAP Approval Letter [Posted: Sept. 1, 2023]
Abbreviated Needs Approval Process: Notice of Consideration
The AESO intends to consider the need for the Homestead Solar Project Connection (Project) for approval under Section 501.3 of the ISO rules, Abbreviated Needs Approval Process, (ANAP Rule) on or after August 31, 2023. If stakeholders have any questions or concerns, please contact the AESO before this date.
The AESO has determined that the Project is eligible for consideration under the ANAP Rule because the following eligibility criteria have been met:
- project costs are estimated to be less than $25M, of which approximately $1M is classified as system-related in accordance with the ISO tariff;
- the AESO has completed a participant involvement program (PIP) in accordance with the guidelines in Alberta Utilities Commission Rule 007;
- the Project is not anticipated to result in significant environmental effects; and
- stakeholder concerns or objections with the need for the Project have been addressed. Prior to making its approval decision, the AESO will address additional stakeholder concerns that arise, if any.
Supporting information about this Project is available in the following documents:
- Engineering Connection Assessment [Posted: Aug. 16, 2023]
- Cost Estimate [Posted: Aug. 16, 2023]
- PIP Summary [Posted: Aug. 16, 2023]
- Need for the Homestead Solar Project Connection in the Claresholm area [Posted: Nov. 17, 2022]
Market Participant Notification
- Market Participant Notification for the Homestead Solar Project Connection in the Claresholm Area [Posted: Aug. 2, 2023]
- Abbreviated Needs Approval Process: Notice of Approval for the Homestead Solar Project Connection
- Abbreviated Needs Approval Process: Notice of Consideration for the Homestead Solar Project Connection
- Market Participant Notification: Homestead Solar Project Connection in the Claresholm Area
- Need Overview: Homestead Solar Project Connection