Nova Solar Project Connection (2378)
Nova Solar L.P. (Nova) has applied to the Alberta Electric System Operator (AESO) for transmission system access to connect its proposed Nova Solar Project (Facility) in the Carseland area. Nova's request can be met by the following solution:
- Add one 240 kilovolt (kV) transmission line to connect the Facility to the existing 240 kV transmission line 927L in a T-tap configuration.
- Add or modify associated equipment as required for the above transmission developments.
Abbreviated Needs Approval Process: Approval
The AESO approved the Nova Solar Project Connection under Section 501.3 of the ISO rules, Abbreviated Needs Approval Process.
- Nova Solar Project Connection ANAP Approval Letter [Posted: Nov. 1, 2022]
Abbreviated Needs Approval Process: Notice of Consideration
The AESO intends to consider the need for the Nova Solar Project Connection (Project) for approval under Section 501.3 of the ISO rules, Abbreviated Needs Approval Process, (ANAP Rule) on or after October 26, 2022. If stakeholders have any questions or concerns, please contact the AESO before this date.
The AESO has determined that the Project is eligible for consideration under the ANAP Rule because the following eligibility criteria have been met:
- Project costs are estimated to be less than $25M and were classified as participant-related in accordance with the ISO tariff;
- the AESO has completed a participant involvement program (PIP) in accordance with the guidelines in Alberta Utilities Commission Rule 007;
- the Project is not anticipated to result in significant environmental effects; and
- No concerns or objections with the need for the Project have been raised. Prior to making its approval decision, the AESO will address additional stakeholder concerns that arise, if any.
Supporting information about this Project is available in the following documents:
- Engineering Connection Assessment [Posted: Oct. 11, 2022]
- Cost Estimates [Posted: Oct. 11, 2022]
- AESO PIP Summary [Posted: Oct. 11, 2022]
Market Participant Information
- Market Participant Notification for the Nova Solar Project Connection in the Carseland Area [Posted: Aug. 25, 2022]
- Need for the Nova Solar Project Connection in the Carseland area [Posted: Feb. 10, 2022]
- Abbreviated Needs Approval Process: Notice of Approval for the Nova Solar Project
- Abbreviated Needs Approval Process: Notice of Consideration for the Nova Solar Project Connection
- Market Participant Notification for the Nova Solar Project Connection in the Carseland Area
- Need Overview: Nova Solar Project Connection