Prominence Solar Project Connection (2466)
PR Development L.P. (PR) has applied to the AESO for transmission system access to connect its proposed Prominence Solar Project (Facility) in the Lethbridge area. PR's request can be met by the following solution:
- Add one 138 kilovolt (kV) transmission line to connect the Facility to the existing 138 kV transmission line 172L in a T-tap configuration.
- Add or modify associated equipment as required for the above transmission developments.
Abbreviated Needs Approval Process: Approval
The AESO approved the Prominence Solar Project Connection under Section 501.3 of the ISO rules, Abbreviated Needs Approval Process.
- Prominence Solar Project Connection ANAP Approval Letter [Posted: Oct. 20, 2023]
Abbreviated Needs Approval Process: Notice of Consideration
The AESO intends to consider the need for the Prominence Solar Project Connection (Project) for approval under Section 501.3 of the ISO rules, Abbreviated Needs Approval Process, (ANAP Rule) on or after October 12, 2023. If stakeholders have any questions or concerns, please contact the AESO before this date.
The AESO has determined that the Project is eligible for consideration under the ANAP Rule because the following eligibility criteria have been met:
- Total project cost is estimated to be approximately $4.5M with approximately $4.3M classified as participant-related and $0.2M classified as system-related;
- The AESO has completed a participant involvement program (PIP) in accordance with the guidelines in Alberta Utilities Commission Rule 007;
- The Project is not anticipated to result in significant environmental effects; and
- No concerns or objections with the need for the Project have been raised. Prior to making its approval decision, the AESO will address additional stakeholder concerns that arise, if any.
Supporting information about this Project is available in the following documents:
- Engineering Connection Assessment [Posted Sept. 26, 2023]
- TFO Cost Estimate [Posted Sept. 26, 2023]
- AESO PIP Summary [Posted Sept. 26, 2023]
- Prominence Solar Project Connection in the Lethbridge area [Posted: Nov. 29, 2022]
- Abbreviated Needs Approval Process: Notice of Approval for the Prominence Solar Project Connection
- Abbreviated Needs Approval Process: Notice of Consideration for the Prominence Solar Project Connection
- Need Overview: Prominence Solar Project Connection in the Lethbridge area