Wheatcrest Solar Project Connection (2348)
BER Wheatcrest Solar LP, on behalf of BER Wheatcrest Solar GP Inc. (BER Wheatcrest Solar LP), has applied to the AESO for transmission system access to connect its approved Wheatcrest Solar Project (Facility) in the Enchant area. BER Wheatcrest Solar LP’s request can be met by the following solution:
- Add one 138 kilovolt (kV) transmission line to connect the Facility to the existing 138 kV transmission line 763AL in a T-tap configuration.
Add or modify associated equipment as required for the above transmission developments.
Abbreviated Needs Approval Process: Approval
The AESO approved the Wheatcrest Solar Project Connection under Section 501.3 of the ISO rules, Abbreviated Needs Approval Process
- Wheatcrest Solar Project Connection ANAP Approval Letter [Posted: July 28, 2022]
Abbreviated Needs Approval Process: Notice of Consideration
The AESO intends to consider the need for the Wheatcrest Solar Project Connection (Project) for approval under Section 501.3 of the ISO rules, Abbreviated Needs Approval Process, (ANAP Rule) on or after July 22, 2022. If stakeholders have any questions or concerns, please contact the AESO before this date.
The AESO has determined that the Project is eligible for consideration under the ANAP Rule because the following eligibility criteria have been met:
- Project costs are estimated to be less than $25 million and were classified as participant-related in accordance with the ISO tariff;
- the AESO has completed a participant involvement program (PIP) in accordance with the guidelines in Alberta Utilities Commission Rule 007;
- the Project is not anticipated to result in significant environmental effects; and
- No concerns or objections with the need for the Project have been raised. Prior to making its approval decision, the AESO will address additional stakeholder concerns that arise, if any.
Supporting information about this Project is available in the following documents:
Market Participant Notification
- Market Participant Notification for the Wheatcrest Solar Project Connection in the Enchant area [Posted: June 16, 2022]
- Need for the Wheatcrest Solar Project Connection in the Enchant area [Posted: Nov. 25, 2021]
- Abbreviated Needs Approval Process: Notice of Approval for the Wheatcrest Solar Project Connection
- Abbreviated Needs Approval Process: Notice of Consideration for the Wheatcrest Solar Project Connection
- Market Participant Notification for the Wheatcrest Solar Project Connection in the Enchant area
- Need Overview: Wheatcrest Solar Project Connection