Background and resources
The Government of Alberta has tasked the AESO to develop and implement a program to bring on new renewable generation capacity. Through the Renewable Electricity Program, 30 per cent of generation in Alberta will come from renewable sources by 2030.
Renewable Electricity Program Report recommendations
The AESO provided its recommendations regarding the REP to the Government of Alberta in May 2016. Recommendations were based on research and engagement activities between January and April 2016, including a third-party review of renewable procurement programs in other jurisdictions.
- To view the REP Recommendations please click here.
- REP Round 1 Backgrounder
- REP direction letter, dated Jan. 26, 2016
- REP Rounds 2 and 3 direction letter, dated Feb. 2, 2018
- 2016 REP Stakeholder feedback
- Alberta Climate Leadership Plan
- Alberta Energy
- Alberta Environment and Parks
- Wildlife Land Use Guidelines
- Wildlife Directive for Alberta Wind Energy Projects, dated Jan. 27, 2017
- Alberta Agriculture and Forestry
- Alberta Indigenous Relations