The AESO is providing stakeholders an overview of the market-related initiatives that they intend to progress in 2020 here. The intent is to provide a consolidated view of the 2020 proposed market-related initiative activities for stakeholders’ information and planning purposes. The material in this plan is focused on market-related initiatives only.
Unanticipated findings or learnings could impact the 2020 Plan for Market-Related Initiatives resulting in changes to the proposed schedule or the initiatives themselves. The AESO will endeavor to keep stakeholders informed of any such changes.
We value stakeholder feedback and we thank you for sharing your perspectives with us. Each submission was reviewed in detail and the feedback received will be considered in guiding our proposed market-related initiatives going forward. A summary of all feedback received is available here and all stakeholder submissions, in their original state, are posted below.
The Market Efficiency – Pricing Framework: Price Cap, Price Floor and Shortage Pricing initiative is kicking off and we are holding the first stakeholder engagement session on Feb. 12, 2020. See here for more details on the initiative and opportunities to get involved.
2020 Plan for Market-Related Initiatives Schedule
Stakeholder Comments on Request for Feedback on 2020 Plan for Market-Related Initiatives
All stakeholder submissions, in their original state with personal information redacted, are posted below. [Posted Jan 23, 2020]
- Alberta Direct Connect Consumer Association (ADC) and Industrial Power Consumers Association of Alberta (IPCAA)
- Canadian Wind Energy Association (CanWEA)
- Capital Power
- Cogeneration Working Group (CWG)
- EDF Renewables Development Inc. (EDF)
- Enel North America
- Greengate Power Corporation
- Heartland Generation Ltd.
- Independent Power Producers Society of Alberta (IPPSA)
- Individual 1
- Individual 2
- Market Surveillance Administrator (MSA)
- TC Energy (TCE)
- TransAlta Corporation
- Voltus Inc.
- Stakeholder Comment Summary [Posted: Jan. 23, 2020]
- 2020 Plan for Market-Related Initiatives [Posted Dec. 19, 2019]
- 2020 Plan for Market-Related Initiatives Schedule [Posted Dec. 19, 2019]
- Stakeholder Comment Matrix [Posted Dec. 19, 2019]