Central East Transfer-out Transmission Development
Two transmission facility owners (TFOs), AltaLink Management Ltd. (AltaLink) and ATCO Electric Ltd. (ATCO), own, operate and maintain the transmission system in the Central East Transfer-out Transmission Development (CETO) project area. While the AESO is responsible for identifying the need for transmission development and the proposed transmission development to meet that need, AltaLink and ATCO are responsible for detailed siting and routing, constructing, operating and maintaining the associated transmission facilities within their service territories.
Please see the document(s) below for more information on the need for this development and the status of the regulatory filing.
Note: In light of the current COVID-19 situation, the AESO is reassessing the timing for filing the Needs Identification Document (NID) Application for the CETO Transmission Development. Additional information regarding the NID Application, which was anticipated to be filed on or after March 18, 2020, will be provided as it becomes available.
- Notification of AESO Regulatory Filing [Posted: March 2, 2020]
- 2019 Transmission Projects information session [Posted: October 4, 2019]
- 2019 Transmission Projects webinar recording [Posted: October 4, 2019]
- Central East Transfer-out Transmission Development – Project Need (Newsletter) [Posted: January 9, 2019]
- Central East Transfer-out Transmission Development