Long-term Transmission Plan
We publish our proposed transmission development plans every two years in the AESO Long-term Transmission Plan. It explains the general timing and location of transmission facilities required for the next 20 years to meet electricity needs, operate the electricity market, and support Alberta’s economic development.
Our transmission plans are flexible, allowing for potential generation developments and changes in the provincial economy. They are guided by Alberta’s Electric Utilities Act and Transmission Regulation.
2020 LTP Stakeholder Information Session and Webinar
Click here to view the event details
2017 Long-term Transmission Plan
The 2017 Long-term Transmission Plan identifies current and future transmission needs for a range of possible demand and generation conditions, and sets out flexible plans to respond to them.
Download our 2017 Long-term Transmission Plan and related documents here:
- AESO 2017 Long-term Transmission Plan [Posted: January 30, 2018]
- AESO 2017 Telecommunication Long-term Plan [Posted: January 30, 2018]
- Single Line Diagrams (SLDs) [Posted: January 30, 2018]
- Alberta Gas Supply and Infrastructure Analysis [Posted: January 30, 2018]
- 2017 LTP Stakeholder Information Session Presentation [Posted: February 7, 2018]
2015 Long-term Transmission Plan
Download our 2015 Long-term Transmission Plan here: