Long-term Transmission Plan
We publish our proposed transmission development plans every two years in the AESO Long-term Transmission Plan. It explains the general timing and location of transmission facilities required for the next 20 years to meet electricity needs, operate the electricity market, and support Alberta’s economic development.
Our transmission plans are flexible, allowing for potential generation developments and changes in the provincial economy. They are guided by Alberta’s Electric Utilities Act and Transmission Regulation.
2017 Long-term Transmission Plan
The 2017 Long-term Transmission Plan identifies current and future transmission needs for a range of possible demand and generation conditions, and sets out flexible plans to respond to them.
Download our 2017 Long-term Transmission Plan and related documents here:
- AESO 2017 Long-term Transmission Plan [Posted: January 30, 2018]
- AESO 2017 Telecommunication Long-term Plan [Posted: January 30, 2018]
- Single Line Diagrams (SLDs) [Posted: January 30, 2018]
- Alberta Gas Supply and Infrastructure Analysis [Posted: January 30, 2018]
- 2017 LTP Stakeholder Information Session Presentation [Posted: February 7, 2018]
Transmission Capability Assessment for Renewables Integration
In June 2018 we published a Transmission Capability Assessment for Renewables Integration with an interactive map tool. The assessment expands on the AESO’s 2017 Long-term Transmission Plan, incorporating results from Round 1 of the Renewable Electricity Program. The complementary interactive map provides direction on where capability is available, and optimal areas to site projects and connect to the transmission system. For more information about the assessment, please contact email@example.com.
Download the Transmission Capability Assessment for Renewables Integration and explore the renewables integration capability interactive map:
- Transmission Capability Assessment for Renewables Integration [Posted: June 27, 2018].
- Renewables Integration Capability Interactive Map [Posted: June 27, 2018].
2015 Long-term Transmission Plan
Download our 2015 Long-term Transmission Plan here: