- Aug. 12, 2021 Information Session | Transmission Modelling
Recent materials posted
- July 19, 2021 Transmission Modelling Information Session | Agenda
Base cases contain energy infrastructure information, and are used for studies and planning. Due to the security level of this information (Critical Energy Infrastructure Information classification), our consent is required to access base case data.
- Read our Request for Access to Critical Energy Infrastructure Information (CEII) backgrounder
- Market Participant Guide: AESO CEII Request Portal – MP Guide
- Download our CEII request form
Email your completed request forms to PSMM@aeso.ca.
- AESO Base Case Catalog[Posted: July 15, 2021]
Information Session | Aug. 12, 2021
The AESO is providing notice to interested stakeholders to hold the date for an Information Session on the latest technical practice on transmission system modelling on Aug. 12, 2021 from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Purpose of the session
The purpose of this Information Session is to provide updates and answer stakeholder questions on representations of:
- STATCOM for Alberta transmission system studies;
- Energy Storage Resources for Alberta transmission system studies; and
- Distribution Energy Resources for transmission system studies including the use of power factor control mode for synchronous machines.
As well as introduction on the modelling consideration of Transient Overvoltage study on transmission system, and overview of the changes introduced in the 2021 Planning Base Cases Suite.
Register here for the session. After clicking the registration link, enter your organization + first name, last name, organization, category and your email address. You will then receive a confirmation email with a unique webinar link to join the session. There will be an option to download an Outlook invitation to your calendar.
Request for feedback
The AESO is asking stakeholders to review and provide feedback on the proposed agenda to PSMM@aeso.ca on or before July 30, 2021.